Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Show Me the Toxins

A few days ago my husband came across something called the Master Cleanse, a 10-day detox diet that supposedly does wonders to the body. The diet consists of lemon juice, maple syrup & cayenne pepper. Apparently, lots of people (Beyonce included) have tried it and loved it. My initial reaction to the cleanse was skeptical. Call me crazy, but 10 whole days of filling my body with nothing but a concoction that causes nausea, fatigue, and crazy bowel movements does NOT sound like a fun process to me. I'd much rather continue on my merry way, in denial of the multitudes of toxins festering inside me.

But my husband has been relentless about us trying it out together. So I've broken down, and decided to give it a whirl. Maybe this will help my headaches to go away. Stay tuned for the upcoming post on our Master Cleanse experiment, to be titled "Larissa's Body Goes Out of Whack."

0 comments:

Post a Comment