Thursday, August 20, 2009

I Love My Family

Why does it take so long for us to truly appreciate our families?

Now that I am twenty-eight, living a plane trip away from my parents and two brothers, and starting a family of my own, I am beginning to savor the too few and far between moments spent with my family. I suppose distance, time, and maturity have all contributed to my own gratefulness for them. Who else will tell you the truth even when it hurts? Who else will laugh with you over those hilarious memories of past vacations (like the time your youngest brother accidentally got left behind at a gas station...yes, it really did happen!)? Who else will allow you to freely be yourself the way your family does?

Last week we spent some time with Steve's family to celebrate our niece's first birthday. If that wasn't enough quality time with family, my parents came from Hawaii to visit us this week. Both of our families are wonderful (and I'm not just saying that because some of them read this blog), and I am thankful for the time we had with them.


9 comments:

  1. Yes! Tell the world about the moment that my siblings decided to leave me behind as my parents ignorantly drove away without me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck for your new life journey keep it up

    Saavi

    Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larissa...that baby boy of yours is just too cute. Particularly in that first photo- what a chubby little love!!Everyone looks great- it must be so much fun to watch your own parents interacting with your son. Crazy and wonderful, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Larissa! You look fantastic! :) Just thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw yay for family! i love that last picture, aaron is just so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that the camera angle, or does Aaron look almost as big as his cousin!??!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh hahaha. I always wanted to leave my brother behind!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just read this blog, Sept. 1. We love you too. We are so happy to have you as part of our family! And you gave us a beautiful grandson! How great is that! We look forward to seeing you all soon, hopefully this weekend.
    Love, Mom and Dad Marks

    ReplyDelete