Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Can I Hibernate From This Week?

I have been busy, busy, busy, as you may have guessed by the lack of blog activity around these parts.

We just got back from spending two weeks in Colorado Springs. For Steve, it was an academic trip for his seminary program. For Aaron and me, it was a vacation.

We rented a house with some friends, and had a great time exploring the surrounding area. But traveling, particularly with a baby, is taxing. Also while on our Colorado trip, Steve had a running injury and tore his ACL (his second ACL tear on that particular knee, and his third ACL tear overall...I think he's trying to set a world record or something). So that made the remainder of the trip an adventure.

Imagine our family of three, trying to make our way through the Denver airport - a crying, fussy 9-month old who had not napped at all that day, a mother attempting to carry about eleven pieces of luggage, and a father being carted around in a wheelchair by an airport attendant. It was quite the circus.

Since we have been home, it has felt like nonstop To Dos. Unpacking, emails, dishes, laundry. And if there's a bit of extra time, maybe a meal and a shower can get scheduled into the day.

Lest I get consumed with all the stresses, I am attempting to keep my sanity through small moments of joy and peace. Like baking homemade bread. And drinking wine while watching Lost. And snuggling with my son next to the heater. And reading Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy before drifting off to sleep.

So tell me...what's going on in your life right now? What are the things that are keeping you sane?

1 comment:

  1. Get your gmail account suspended and that will eliminate one of your To Do's. I don't know how it happened, but I don't have backup e-mail, nor do I accept text msgs on my cell, so I don't know how to regain access. I'm just going to go to sleep, keep my fingers crossed and hope it works 24 hrs later...that's the only solution I can find on gmail help so far. I had a nice day with your brother yesterday. We split a huge greasy burger.

    ReplyDelete