Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cutting the Excess

Several years ago, I lost over 20 pounds (35 to be exact). Then I got pregnant, and gained about 30 pounds (a small, welcomed price to pay for the son I received in return). After that, it took 8 or 9 months of hard work to get back to nearly pre-baby weight.

Currently, I weigh several more pounds than I would like to. Those few pounds may not seem like that big of a deal, but for me, it is a reflection of decreasingly healthy choices. I have skipped an opportunity to exercise here, and snacked on one too many baked goods there. Sure, I could make excuses for those extra pounds. I had a baby! I am a busy mother of a toddler, with less time to exercise! But really, those pounds are there because I have settled. I have been complacent with poor eating habits. I have been satisfied with hovering near my goal weight, but not actually accomplishing it.

This week, along with Steve, I committed to lose those last few pounds. As a family, we are refocusing on healthy habits, like daily exercise, eating wholesome food, and minimizing the snacks and desserts. We are tracking our daily food intake, and paying attention to the quantity and quality of what we put into our bodies.

I hope to be back to my goal weight in several weeks. But really, it already feels quite liberating to make changes that are good for both my family and me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment