Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Life in Verbs

Anticipating... Thanksgiving! I love, love, love Thanksgiving. Who doesn't enjoy a holiday weekend that revolves around food and family? We are also celebrating an early Christmas with my immediate family on that same weekend, so it will be a big ol' holiday fest. I'm debating whether or not I should roast the turkey again.

Trying... to potty train Aaron. We sort of started the process several months ago, but haven't been very intentional about it. This week, we decided to work at it. Aaron gets excited about wearing his "big boy" Mickey Mouse underwear, not to mention his M & M reward every time he uses the potty.

Wanting... clarity about my future. I'm thirty years old...shouldn't I have this by now? No...? Okay, then. I also really want a donut right now.

Enjoying... our espresso machine. We got it out of storage, and have been making all sorts of yummy espresso drinks, like mochas and pumpkin spice lattes. And by "we" I really mean Steve, our resident barista/mixologist.

Reading... A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin. The Song of Ice & Fire saga of murder, seduction, and power has been eating away at all my free time. I highly recommend this series to anyone who enjoys good fantasy fiction.

Wondering... if it's time to buy new shoes. My well-loved black flat shoes are on their last days; they are fraying, and the inside padding is starting to break off. The unclutterer and simplicity lover in me wants to make do with the several other pairs of shoes I own. But part of me has a strong desire to go on a search for some versatile, comfy new black shoes that can work with any outfit. Dilemmas, dilemmas.

Watching... Top Chef, Parenthood, Once Upon a Time, and Up All Night. Is anyone else watching Up All Night, the new show starring Maya Rudolph, Christina Applegate, Will Arnett? It's hilarious. 

So what's new with you all? Share a verb or two of your own in the comments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment