Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

“We would worry less if we praised more.  
Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontent and dissatisfaction.”   
~ Harry Ironside

Today I am surrounded by my family - my husband Steve, two-year-old son Aaron, mom and dad, two brothers, and sister-in-law. As we linger in the kitchen preparing for a Thanksgiving feast tomorrow, there is much for me to be grateful for this year. 

A home that is constantly filled with laughter, conversation, and community. 

9 years in a job that inspires and challenges, with great supervisors and co-workers. 

Our neighborhood farmer's market.

My circle of fellow mother friends. I can't count the number of times this group has rescued me out of the parenthood doldrums/crazies, and reminded me to keep going and keep my sense of humor.

Physical health that allows me to run, jump, climb, and enjoy an afternoon at the park with my son. 

Books. Not electronic readers that burn holes into my eyes, but real paper books that get loved, worn, and remind me that simple pleasures are usually the best kind.

Friends who address conflict, tell the truth, and stick with me in difficult as well as the good moments.

Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups.

Our Corner Community, with friendships based on pursuing the important things in life together. It includes some of the most interesting, hilarious, and kind people I know.

Scoops Ice Cream in Los Angeles. Hands down, the best ice cream joint in the city. Who else serves up delicious, creamy Guinness Chocolate or Brown Bread ice cream? No one, that's who.

The preschool we recently found in our neighborhood. It seems like a great place where Aaron will thrive.

Amazon Prime, which has saved me all sorts of trips to Target where I intend to get one item, and end up with a cart full of random stuff. Amazon's two-day shipping and fantastic customer service have won me.

The ability to be creative, through things like cooking, art, gardening, and writing.

This little blog, and all you readers and friends out there.

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

 



0 comments:

Post a Comment