Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal


This Thanksgiving we'll be hosting my parents and grandparents in our humble Waikiki apartment. Everyone's pitching in with the meal. My tasks: make corn pudding casserole and stuffing. For the last few years I've roasted turkey, but this year opted to let my mom take care of that one.

I have so much to be grateful for. For the pleasure of celebrating Thanksgiving with family in Hawaii. For food. For Steve. For our two amazing children. For a home. For our 6-months of sabbatical. For more family coming to visit in the next few weeks. For health. For an awareness of not just all this abundance, but also of who provides it.

And now, a simple pumpkin-y recipe for you. I stumbled across this delicious breakfast while trying to creatively use up some leftover pumpkin pie filling. Oatmeal can always be dressed up, so I thought, pumpkin pie for breakfast? Yessiree, that sounds lovely! Trust me...since it involves oats, it is good for you.

I hope you have a Thanksgiving filled with love and joy and pumpkin!

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

print this recipe

2/3 cup steel cup oats
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 1/3 cup water
1/3 cup milk
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch sea salt

Mix all ingredients in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 8-10 minutes, stirring once midway through. Let sit for a few minutes, and serve. Serves 4.

0 comments:

Post a Comment