- Indulged in a caramel macchiato and pumpkin scone from Starbucks.
- Played with my baby daughter.
- Happily received flowers from my husband and son.
- Felt loved by friends and family who called/emailed/texted.
- Went on a date with my husband to Seven Grand Whiskey Bar in downtown LA. Sipped on an Old Fashioned, and chatted about how we are enjoying our thirties.
I told Steve that I feel great about celebrating another year of life. So many things are incredible gifts, from our kids, to our home and community of friends, to the sabbatical we just had, to my health. I am old enough to not take any of these things for granted. And I feel like I am more aware of what I value, and am shaping my life around those things.
Here's to another year!