Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My Life In Verbs

Planning... a week of family vacation. We're doing a Southern California staycation, which will include camping near Pyramid Lake, CA, and a trip to Legoland. Any other family-fun things we should do around here? Let me know!

Celebrating... finding new and really great tenants for our houses. We own a property with two houses, living in one of the downstairs unit, and renting out seven other rooms. Some dear friends are moving out, and others are moving in (after several anxious weeks of searching for tenants). We're excited to continue fostering this cool living community in our homes!

Reading...Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. I think I read part of it in high school, and totally did not get it. It's way better this time around. Also, I recently read Dragoon (the follow-up to Haven in the War of the Princes series) by my childhood friend A. R. Ivanovich. She is a great fantasy writer, and I'm excited to read more of her work.

Loving... a Free & For Sale Facebook Group I discovered. It's a group localized to the USC community where I work & live, and it is so addicting! I sold an old blender for $30 yesterday, and am on a mission to sell more things. Joy!


Creating... my new job! I am continuing to work in college ministry with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, but am moving into a different and newly developing role of "Partnership Development Director" (or something like that) for the Los Angeles Area. It will mostly involve developing partnerships between campus ministries and volunteers, alumni, and donors, and training and coaching InterVarsity staff. I'm really excited about the possibilities of the job, and have been borderline obsessive as I vision and dream for this coming year. 

What have you been up to recently? Share a verb or two of your own in the comments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment