Thursday, August 22, 2013

Egg Salad for Sandwiches


Good news, people. I have perfected the egg salad sandwich. Applause!

Egg salad is one of my favorite things to eat for lunch. It also passes my parenting test: simple, easy to pack, and enjoyed by my kids. Aaron, my four-year-old, went through a major egg salad kick for a while, requesting it almost daily.

Anyway, after making many versions of egg salad, I've come up with a great recipe. It is made with soft-ish boiled eggs, producing a creamier texture. No chalky egg yolks here! And because I hate mayonnaise, I use plain yogurt instead. We usually eat egg salad on bread or in a tortilla with fresh greens. Healthy, tasty, and perfect for a simple summer lunch.

Egg Salad for Sandwiches

print this recipe

Ingredients:

8 eggs
1/3 cup plain yogurt
2 teaspoons whole grain mustard (I like the one at Trader Joe's)
2 stalks green onions, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions: 

In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Gently place eggs in boiling water, and boil for 7 minutes. Remove from heat, and immediately put eggs in a bowl filled with ice-water. Cool, peel, and chop eggs.

Put eggs into a medium bowl, and mix in remaining ingredients. Chill, and serve on bread, crackers, or salad greens.

1 comment:

  1. talked to my sister today, and she said she made this and loved it! And she wants to make the pbj bars. :))))

    ReplyDelete