Friday, October 11, 2013

My Life In Verbs

Celebrating... the arrival of Fall! This weekend we're taking a family trip to Faulkner Farms, where there is a pumpkin patch, petting zoo, hayrides and a corn maze. The season has also entered our home, where we are making Fall-themed crafts, eating homemade soups, and cozying up in blankets.

Reading... Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston, a beautiful piece of American literature. Cookbook and chef memoir Momofuku by David Chang and Peter Meehan and its sister book Momofuku Milk Bar by Christina Tosi, which are convincing me that I need to work in a bakery one day.


Hoping... our family makes it through this season without much sickness. Having two young kids multiplies the chances of the cold/flu entering our house by a thousand percent, but I'm crossing my fingers anyway.

Loving... my spiritual director, Sandy. She and I talk for an hour once a month about how I am and what God is doing in me. These times, though relatively short, are so potent with wisdom and clarity! I often enter with confusion and questions, and leave with a profound sense of what God is doing in my life. 


Wondering... where my wedding ring is. Yeah, that's not good. With the colder weather, it comes off easily. I am hoping it slipped off while I was asleep, and is lying somewhere under the bed. I've searched all over the house with zero luck.


Wanting... a date night with Steve. It's been ages since we went out, mostly because the last few months have been busy for us. We really need an evening out with each other. Hopefully he'll still take me, even though I lost my wedding ring.

What have you been up to recently? Share a verb or two of your own in the comments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment