Thursday, July 17, 2014

My Life in Verbs

Countdown to our move to Oahu: 9 days!

Our house is a disaster zone, I haven't exercised in weeks, and finding a few minutes to blog feels like a luxury I can barely afford. It may be a while till I get back into my normal groove of writing here, but until then here's a glimpse of what's going on.

Trying... to find a house to rent on Oahu. That's right...as of this moment we are 1 1/2 weeks from arriving in Hawaii, and STILL LOOKING FOR A HOUSE. Am I freaking out? Just a little. 

Feeling... sort of sick recently. That does not mesh well with needing to pack up a house and move. All my body really wants to do is lounge on the couch and sleep all day. Ugh.

Loving... last moments with friends. Goodbye hugs and tears have been so hard, but also a true reflection of how much we've had here in Los Angeles. 

Reading... Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen, an engrossing love story set in the magic of the circus during the Great Depression.

Anticipating... a big camping trip this weekend with Steve's side of the family! So excited to be outdoors and commune with nature. We'll be on the coast of Santa Cruz, where Steve's family used to take annual trips. 

Hoping... that we survive the next few weeks of moving. I have my eyes set on setting foot on Oahu's beach, and eating a warm malasada from Leonard's. 

What have you been up to recently? Share a verb or two of your own in the comments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment