Thursday, October 9, 2014

My Life in Verbs

Trying... to decide on a baby name. Oh, speaking of our baby...it's a GIRL (not a boy like I originally said here). At our first ultrasound at 12 weeks, our doctor said she was 80% sure it was a boy. Fast forward to our 18-week ultrasound, when the doctor announced with more certainty that the baby is a girl. Haha. We were pretty surprised (and just as thrilled). Anyway, now we have to figure out a girl name.

Feeling... frumpy. With my 19-week pregnant body, all of my clothes feel ill-fitting or uncomfortable. Ugh.

Loving... our surprise party we had for my dad's 60th birthday this past weekend. My brothers, sister-in-law, and nieces flew in from California, and we had a big party. It was a blast. 

Reading... East of Eden by John Steinbeck. Good, classic American literature. Has anyone read Grapes of Wrath? Do you recommend it?

Anticipating... a trip to Colorado Springs for a School of Spiritual Direction intensive. For a WEEK. By MYSELF. I haven't taken a weeklong trip by myself in ages, and certainly not since having kids. To say I'm excited for this is a massive understatement.

Watching... the new ABC series How to Get Away With Murder. So good! I love Viola Davis, and this mystery-legal-thriller snagged me with the pilot. 

Hoping... for friends here on Oahu. We have lots of acquaintances, but no friendships with peers where we know each other deeply. I forgot how true friendships are gifts that take a long time to cultivate. I know we'll have this eventually, but the interim feels hard. 

What have you been up to recently? Share a verb or two of your own in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. At 22 weeks I'm feeling a weird in between of frumpy and pregnant too. Thank goodness it's warm and I can just wear dresses and work out clothes, ha. Also, How to Get Away with Murder has had me captive since episode one too, love it. Good job Shonda!

    ReplyDelete