Friday, February 27, 2015

My Life in Verbs

Trying... to embrace the present moment of waiting for our little baby girl to show up. The due date is in one week, and we're pretty much good to go. We had a baby shower, have all the necessary infant gear ready, and are ready to welcome her. I waiver between fully enjoying our last moments as a family of 4, and getting antsy for the baby to arrive. 

Finding... some brief moments of writing inspiration. It's been a while since I sat down with my book manuscripts, but I've recently come back to a few of them to do some tinkering. 

Feeling... so tired all the time. I'm carrying 35 pounds of extra weight, and feel like a mama bear ready to hibernate. 


Wondering... if I want to participate in the 100-Day Project. I'm intrigued by the idea of creating something in bite-sized pieces and documenting it for 100 days. Crazy? Maybe. I need to think about what my actual project will be. It starts on April 6th - anyone else want to join me?

Loving... that we are surrounded by family and friends who offer so much love and support. People keep volunteering to babysit, offer help when the baby arrives, and generally remind us that we are not made to do life alone. 

Reading... Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson, a compelling look at the isolation, social maneuverings, and trauma of a high school girl. I'm also reading a devotional guide Out of the Spin Cycle by Jen Hatmaker, which is perfect for this season of engaging with God in the midst of parenting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment