Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The Abiding Life


"Abide in me, and I will abide in you. Just as the branch cannot produce fruit by itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in me. I am the vine, you are the branches. The one who abides in me while I abide in him produces much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing."

These words of Jesus are my life's mantra. My soul resonates with this invitation to make my home in Jesus, and allow him to be at home in me.

As someone who longs to live a life that bears good fruit, I constantly need to be reminded of the true source of that fruit. It doesn't come from me. When I do life on my own, I am a wreck. I am self-focused, anxious, and impatient.

But when I abide in Jesus, something beautiful happens. I have the pleasure of being connected to the source of love, joy, and peace. And as I stay connected to the source, that love, joy, and peace can flow outward into the world and people around me.

Today I am abiding in Jesus as I work. Today I am abiding in Jesus as I solo parent while my husband is away. Today I am abiding in Jesus as I am in relationships and conversations with people.

Today I am abiding in Jesus as he abides in me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment