Saturday, April 28, 2007

Green Pastures and Still Waters

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside still waters."

I was thinking about this recently, and began wondering why I have such a difficult time slowing down. I always have this need to go 80 miles per hour all the time, and then end up either feeling burned out or bitter at the world. Just yesterday, a friend asked how I was doing. And my first response was to let out an exhausted sigh, and begin listing off the twenty things that were wearing on me that day. But the Bible says that God the shepherd provides for all my needs, including peace and rest. The question is will I accept and receive the things that God offers me? Will I lay aside my preoccupation with my To Do list, and let go of my tendency to find worth in my productivity? Will I be satisfied in being a sheep in need of a shepherd?

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I was reading more about you and it said that both you and your husband are Pastors for college students at the university...interesting. That made me curious as to what you believe and this post made it pretty clear. I know from personal experience that pregnancy brings you closer to God in a way that is unexplainable. so through prayer and obedience in God's word, you will find a way to slow down. You will be rested and fulfilled with all the joys of being a mother and realize one day that when God is first in your life, you will be taken care of.

    ReplyDelete