Thursday, July 26, 2007

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes

Yes, those are tomatoes growing on my vine!

I've been slowly adding a few items to the garden, including sage, savory, lavender, marjoram, oregano, and zucchini. All the new stuff is acclimating just fine. One problem has been my thyme that I planted a few months ago. Part of it looks healthy (green and flowering), and the other part keeps turning brown and crunchy. What gives? My guess is too much water, since everything I read about thyme says it loves dry soil, but I'm not completely sure.

Steve and I will be out of town for a few days, so I found a plant-sitter. I just hope that my tomatoes hold on till I get back. Don't ripen just yet, my preciouses!

2 comments:

  1. mmmmm, home-grown tomatoes are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! you go, you gardener!

    p.s. the pic isn't showing up.

    ReplyDelete