Monday, July 23, 2007

Sauteed Mushrooms and Herbs

My obsession with gardening has opened my eyes to the wonderful world of fresh herbs and vegetables, and I've been finding some great culinary uses for what my garden has been producing. Tonight I experimented a little in the kitchen, and came up with this mushroom dish. The lavender added an especially fresh, unique flavor, and we enjoyed it as a side to some shrimp and pasta.

And to think that all I used to cook with was garlic salt.

Sauteed Mushrooms and Herbs
12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 teaspoon savory
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon lavender

Saute mushrooms in olive oil on medium high heat until they begin to brown. Add garlic and herbs, and saute for 2-3 minutes. Serves 4.

0 comments:

Post a Comment