Sunday, May 23, 2010

Inspiration

In recent months, I have experienced an unexpected rush of inspiration and creativity.

I constantly have all sorts of craft and art projects on my mind. I have images floating in my imagination that I long to paint, ideas of jewelry and clothes to make, household items to repurpose and redesign. I'm not quite sure where this wave of inspiration is coming from. Maybe it is because we have a new home to decorate and furnish. Or maybe I'm starting to come out of the New Mom Coma, and have enough energy now to focus again on more creative endeavors.

In any case, there doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to fit it all in! Being a working woman and mother creates some time limitations, so for the time being, I am depending on my evenings to be "art time" (which takes a decent amount of discipline, since I often feel ready for sleep when my little son goes to bed).

I am trying to feed the creativity by making as much as possible for the sorts of people and things that inspire me. I love how particular books, blogs, friends, and events can be catalysts for creativity in our lives. Currently, I am being inspired by Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, my brother Stuart (who is celebrating a birthday in two days...yeah!), the amazing home design blog Apartment Therapy, my friend Chante, and local thrift stores.

How about you...what is inspiring your creativity today?

P.S. I have a new cool project that I have been working on. I will share more about it soon, but here's a little hint: it has something to do with a food business venture. Stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment