Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Reasons to Give Thanks

Last week we road-tripped to Lodi, California, and spent Thanksgiving with Steve's family. We stayed up late playing board games, ate mountains of my mother-in-law's delicious food, and had an overall grand time.

I love Thanksgiving, a day to remember and reflect on what is worthy of gratitude. Here is what I am thankful for this year:

For my husband, my best friend and partner.

For our 18-month-old son Aaron, who brings so much joy, laughter and delight into our lives.
For family (the one I was born into and the one I married into), who I love dearly. I can't imagine having better parents and siblings with whom to laugh, cry, and live life.

For friends who walk with me through the good and the difficult times.

For a job calling that I love.

For a cozy, spacious home.

For delicious food like Nutella crepes, Spam musubi, slow roasted pork, Havarti cheese, and chocolate ganache.

For being born into a time and place that allows me, a Chinese-American woman, to have options, freedom, and a voice.

For Gmail.

For a healthy body that lets me play with my son, hug my husband, and run to the park.

For good literature (and time to read it).

For this blog, my journal, and other creative outlets.

0 comments:

Post a Comment