Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Life in Verbs

Anticipating... my three-day personal retreat. Every year, I take several personal retreats, and they have become a life-line for me. It is a time to leave work and regular responsibilities behind, and have space for silence, rest, solitude, and connecting with God and myself. 

Celebrating... Aaron's 2nd birthday soon, in early May. It's going to be a fun-filled weekend, with lots of visiting family, a birthday party, and trip to Disneyland. The party theme is pending. Considering Aaron's favorite things, it will probably have something to do with Elmo, trains, bubbles, or donuts.

Wanting... some fashion inspiration. I am on a new clothing hiatus, and need some creativity with my current wardrobe. Does anyone have any suggestions of blogs or websites that inspire your fashion sense?

Creating... a simplified, uncluttered home. I've been methodically working my way through closets, drawers, and shelves, and whittling away the clutter. Spring cleaning and purging is one of my favorite forms of therapy.

Reading... The Secret Garden, by Frances Hodgson Burnett. It's so magical! I remember watching the film version as a child, but the book is even more captivating.

Loving... having a community of family and friends. More specifically, I'm thankful for the people in my life who give encouragement, support, and help in times of need.

What are you currently doing? Share a verb or two of your own in the comments.

0 comments:

Post a Comment