Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Mango Lassi Popsicles


Back in my college days, my Indian friends introduced me to mango lassi (along with Bollywood movies and Bhangra music), and I was immediately hooked. Mango lassi is a popular Indian drink made of pureed mangoes and yogurt. It is served in practically any Indian food establishment, but can also be easily made at home.

Already a refreshing treat, mango lassi is made even more summer-friendly in the form of popsicles. I highly recommend doubling the recipe, so you can enjoy the lassi in both drink and popsicle forms...it's that good.

Mango Lassi Popsicles

1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into large chunks
1 cup plain yogurt
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp honey

Blend mango, 1/2 cup yogurt, milk and honey in a food processor or blender and pour into popsicle molds, leaving about 1 inch of space. Pour remaining yogurt into each mold until they are full. Freeze for several hours.

0 comments:

Post a Comment