Monday, March 19, 2012

The Three Important Tasks Habit

Start the day by creating a list of "Three Important Tasks." That's my new habit to practice during the month of March.

I'm feeling grateful for the timing of this habit. I created the 2012 Habits list back in January, before we knew that we were pregnant. Now, in the throes of the second trimester, feeling overwhelmed and tired have begun to characterize my days. On many days, I am incredibly exhausted, and struggle to know how much to rest or push myself to work. Each morning, I take a few moments, and decide on the three most important things I need to do that day. It helps me to focus on what really needs my attention, versus what is not that important or urgent.

The other day, my list was:
  1. Do the laundry.
  2. Go to the farmer's market.
  3. Play with Aaron.
Obviously most days involve way more than three tasks. But I view any additional things more like a bonus, and am experiencing a lot more freedom from mental/emotional clutter and worry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment