Friday, February 15, 2013

My Daily Checklist

If you're like me, you may feel challenged in the area of time management. Every day there are urgent tasks, important but not urgent tasks, and urgent/important tasks that I need to get done. Personally, I struggle the most with the important but not urgent tasks. Those are the things that I value, but that can easily get bumped into the "I'll get to it at some point" category. For me, those things mostly involve self-care and relationships. If I'm not incredibly mindful and proactive, I can go through a day (or even a few days) without doing the things that are most important.

One tool that has been helpful is The Daily Checklist. I learned about it from Leo at Zen Habits (an incredible resource in cultivating healthy habits). Put 5-7 things you want to do on a daily basis. You can change it any time. Allow it to help you stay focused on what's important.

Here is my Daily Checklist:*
  • Exercise
  • Spend time with God
  • Spend time with family
  • Eat fruits and vegetables
  • Write
Simple, right? I've been using the Daily Checklist all week, and have experienced so much peace and contentment. Each day, as I do these tasks, I am confident that I am tending to the important things. 

* I use the to do list app Any.DO, so have easy access to my Daily Checklist from my iPhone and computer. It is my favorite productivity app. Get it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. Larissa. This is Jingyi. Reading your blog is gradually becoming my habit. I like your words and could read love, happiness and wisdom between lines. Best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete