Monday, March 26, 2012

Gratefulness

I was reminded today by a stranger how incredibly blessed I am. There is much in my life to be grateful for, both big and small things.
  • Feeling the baby move in my stomach. Small, barely-there movements that remind me that there is a life, a real little person growing in there.
  • Quiet evenings alone, with a good book and a cushy pillow.
  • Seeing a squash seedling emerge from the dirt in the garden, even after I assumed last week's rain had washed it away.
  • Spending time with a friend who inspires me with her courage and strength.
  • Banana walnut granola.
  • My son's new affectionate declaration, "Mommy, I'm your friend."
  • Warm, sunny days that elicit sunglasses and sandals.
  • Spontaneous poker nights with our living community.
  • A postcard from across an ocean, just to say hi.
What are you grateful for?

0 comments:

Post a Comment