- Feeling the baby move in my stomach. Small, barely-there movements that remind me that there is a life, a real little person growing in there.
- Quiet evenings alone, with a good book and a cushy pillow.
- Seeing a squash seedling emerge from the dirt in the garden, even after I assumed last week's rain had washed it away.
- Spending time with a friend who inspires me with her courage and strength.
- Banana walnut granola.
- My son's new affectionate declaration, "Mommy, I'm your friend."
- Warm, sunny days that elicit sunglasses and sandals.
- Spontaneous poker nights with our living community.
- A postcard from across an ocean, just to say hi.
Monday, March 26, 2012
I was reminded today by a stranger how incredibly blessed I am. There is much in my life to be grateful for, both big and small things.